Henry Cavill is back as Superman!


Henry Cavill had this to say about the half decade he spent waiting for the news about playing Superman again: “I told myself I’m gonna let it sit and simmer in the background. I never lost hope, that was the key for me.”
 Cavill last appeared as Superman in the 2017 film, Justice League. He first played Superman in the Man of Steel (2013) and was followed by Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016). 

Photos: @henrycavill

Henry Cavill had this to say about the half decade he spent waiting for the news about playing Superman again: “I told myself I’m gonna let it sit and simmer in the background. I never lost hope, that was the key for me.”
 Cavill last appeared as Superman in the 2017 film, Justice League. He first played Superman in the Man of Steel (2013) and was followed by Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016). 

“I wanted to make it official: I am back as Superman.”

Henry Cavill made this official announcement on social media last October 24 after he made a cameo at the end of the new Warner Bros-DC film, Black Adam that starred Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.

The 39-year old British actor followed up the post with a caption: “A very small taste of what’s to come, my friends. The dawn of hope renewed. Thank you for your support and thank you for your patience, it will be rewarded.” 

Two days later, Cavill spoke publicly for the first time about his Superman return during a live recording of the “Happy Sad Confused” podcast at 92NY in New York City.

Cavill said: “The character means so much to me. It’s been five years now. I never gave up hope. It’s amazing to be here now talking about it again. There is such a bright future ahead for the character. I’m so excited to tell a story with an enormously joyful Superman.”

The actor got the call to film his Black Adam cameo as he was filming his Netflix fantasy series The Witcher. 

Cavill had to get clearance from the production team to take a break from filming, but his Superman return was so top secret that he was not allowed to disclose why he was asking for a break.

“I went to Warner Bros.’ studio in the UK and got back in the suit. It was a very powerful moment for me. I wasn’t sure how I would feel…whether it would be something very emotionally connective because I put the ‘Man of Steel’ suit back on. I chose that one in particular because of the nostalgia attached to the suit. It was important for me to be standing there and enjoying that moment. That is one of the top moments in my career. It feels great to have the opportunity to wear it again,” he said.

Cavill had this to say about the half decade he spent waiting for the news about playing Superman again: “I told myself I’m gonna let it sit and simmer in the background. I never lost hope, that was the key for me.”

Cavill last appeared as Superman in the 2017 film, Justice League. He first played Superman in the Man of Steel (2013) and was followed by Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016). 

He was asked if there is a new Superman project ready to be filmed? Cavill responded: “You know I can’t tell you that.”

Besides returning as the Man of Steel, Cavill is also back as Sherlock Holmes in season two of the Netflix series, Enola Holmes starring Millie Bobby Brown. This will premiere on November 4.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:

Neil Patrick Harris faces backlash after his 2015 comment on Nick Jonas resurfaced on social media

Filipino-Americans H.E.R. and Jon Jon Briones will take part in the 30th anniversary special of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast

FOLLOW US ONLINE: 

Facebook: facebook.com/pikapikashowbiz

Twitter: twitter.com/pikapikaph

Instagram: instagram.com/pikapikaph/

YouTube: youtube.com/pikapikashowbiz

TikTok: https://vt.tiktok.com/ZGJBapkV4/

and join our Viber Community: tinyurl.com/PikaViber


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gab Lagman, bukas sa posibilidad na matuloy ang naudlot na romance with Sanya Lopez?

Sparkada’s Jeff Moses, nag-sorry sa mga nabiktima ng mga posers niya online

Heartthrob Kelvin Miranda and charming singer Ally Gonzalez are making perfect harmony together